Demolition Force was my Capstone Project that I worked on for about 8 months. Demolition Force is online multiplayer free for all 3rd person shooter tank shooter similar to Twisted Metal. The game has 5 different playable maps along with four different tank/cars to choose from.
Please visit our Capstone website psykickstudios.com for our bi-weekly dev blog that showcases all the work we put into the project!
What I worked on: (*to name a few)
-Using 3DS Max to create terrain for levels as well as placing assets into levels to help clutter them.
- Worked on sprite swaping for main menu animation
-Created scripts for the tutorial level on how to play the game
- Set up LAN for local exhibition (Creator Con, Gamescape)
- Worked on balancing damage and health for tanks making each one feels unique
- Worked on sounds for tank engines and added effects to make the sounds realistic
-Created banner image and logo for game
- Worked on stylised effects to give a cell shaded look to the game (not in the final version of the game)
- worked on day and night cycle for maps (not in the final version of the game)
This is a personal project, that I turned into a school project, and is something I still work on in my free time. The goal had two objectives. The first was to make something that is easy for people who are new to VR to pick up, and two gets the player moving!
Meloverse Shooter Dimension
You are a space pilot traveling the galaxy to destroy your enemy's... by turning them into watermelons and cupcakes to feed your home planet...that's a giant hamster.
This game was for our programming class COSC 315. The best thing about this class as we were open to really make whatever we wanted. This game was the result. There are 3 main levels each with a boss battle and 3 hard mode levels. There is even an upgrade shop to power up your ship after each level!
We were fortunate enough to show the game off at the University of Baltimore's GAMESCAPE and MAG FEST. You can download the game here for Android or play the game on your web browser right now by clicking HERE * note it takes a while to load.
What I worked on:
- Implement features on the Upgrade Shop such as giving the appropriate upgrade to the player and loading the next level.
- Designed layout and art for the Upgrade shop
- Created terrain using unity's tools and manipulated the terrain to give the illusion of the player flying past the planet surface.
- Made 2d sprites for enemy ships, power-ups (sprites were not implemented into final game. Our art direction shifted to 3D but sprites were used as baseline for 3D models )
Right after COSC 477 there was a climate game jam contest. One of the original pitches for that class was a firefighter game in VR with the players head becoming the hose to put out fires. A friend and I build a prototype in a week and then had another week to polish up the game. We won 3rd place nationwide in the contest and had our game show at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. You can read about more about our game here and download are game here for Android.
What I worked on:
-Created the terrain and layout of the level using unity terrain editor.
- Shooting water particle system at fires
- putting the application onto google play store
Skyrim Mod: The Sword of Arnand
This is my other mod the Sword of Arnand. This was my first Skyrim mod that I made over the summer while I was attending MC. All I really wanted to make with this mod was a simple quest that gave the player an item after completing the quest. Currently it is available on Steam with a three star rating and had about 1,500 downloads at it's peek.